Saturday, April 30, 2016

Round 4- - nuntium duocentesimum septendecimum

I'm very pleased that I'm keeping up.  This time of the school year is pretty hectic.  Additionally, we're picking up the elder daughter from college this weekend so there's an extra trip. But car time often means tatting time....
I'm still not sure what to do with these ends because weaving them in seems to change the shape of the knots.  I'd forgotten how very delicate size "tatting crochet" is and how airy the lace feels.  It's very pleasing to me.

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I take a needle and whip stitch and this changes the shape unless you give a nice "tug" at the end of 4 whips. the tug pulls back the the extra length that the stitches seemed to put in it when pulling the needle through the tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try when I finish this round, I am not done yet so it will time out good that way :) I work on different projects at a time so it will be couple days.

      Delete
  2. I do what Carollyn does to sew in with small thread; works well.

    Good for you for joining in and keeping up! Yay!!! Looks grand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I sew in the ends after each round and then block it - just makes me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sew my ends in that are left over, the ends I might have at the start I tat over, you might find a video from Marilee
    It's looking very pretty and the colours are lovely
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful. I like those two threads together. The solid yellow really brings out the yellow in the variegated one. As to ends, I just tried whip stitching the ends into the top of the stitches for the last two rounds of mine. It is much less obvious than anything else I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I just don't know what whipstitching is? I use a needle and take one of the threads and weave it under the "caps" of the ds? But that seems to distort the stitches (not in size 20). Or am I doing it wrong?

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!