Saturday, January 2, 2016

Yellow! nuntium centesimum nonagesimum et septimum

I have made snowflakes all fall, probably since October and even though I admire snowflakes in other colors, I find that for selling, these are what are preferred.  So on December 18th I started in YELLOW, a present for my dear alter ego, Ginny.  She liked the present for my friend's wedding in the summer so I thought I would do something similar for Christmas for her.  She is a bright and cheery person so this seemed perfect.  I used Robin's edging again although it took me a while to get into the rhythm of it.

It's Lizbeth and size 20 but the baggie and the label disappeared somewhere.  Color?  Honey?
I decided to use the invisible thread again and the pinning takes longer than the sewing.
But it's well worth the time, rather than hand-sewing- ugh!!!!!

I still don't know why it amazes me that my friends who don't tat would like tatting.  Silly, I know.

Next?  Maybe pink!

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! I'm not a yellow person, but this is particularly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my color either but it was so cheery and the dishtowel was this color.

      Delete
  2. You have tatted this perfectly I love Robins patterns too! Wonderful and nice color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO pretty! If she doesn’t like it, MrG does!!! : ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not sure if she does or not. Right initial for Mr. G.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, it is a perfect complement to the fabric. Your friend will love it! I can't take credit for the pattern...that goes to whoever originally designed this for the Priscilla tatting book. Too bad I don't think those names were ever recorded :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! But you should get some for making it wonderfully readable. So, thank you!

      Delete
  5. It's not silly to like tatting, even if they can't do it, they know you make gorgeous things with it,
    The edging looks gorgeous on the towel and I am sure she will treasure it for years to come. Perfect colouring
    Happy new year to you and your family.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous! I bought a couple of those same towels too - different colors/initials - after seeing your grand idea for the wedding gift. Now to decide on an edging pattern ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking about YELLOW. So tired of the nasty dirty snow and the gray sky.

    My daughter works at Joann, and I saw some towels like that. Might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!