Thursday, June 13, 2013

nuntium centesimum vicesimum quartum(124th post) Black lace!

Have you ever seen Madeline "Lost in Paris"?  Here's a little clip on youtube.  Go in to the 6 minute mark.

My darling girl decided to go to prom this year.  She went with a group of her friends and had a blast.  I was feeling really bad because I was taking my students on an overnight field trip the day before and wouldn't be returning in time to help her get ready.  But wonderful Frivole to the rescue.   She has the loveliest bracelets in her shop called "Dentelle de mon jardin" which I adore.  She most generously shared her pattern with me so I could make one to match "the dress".  I hope that we can convince her to make this pattern available for purchase so go to her blog and encourage her please!

But the base is BLACK and here's where we get to Madeline.  I'd watched these videos with the girls (who are both bilingual) many, many times and that refrain kept going through my head as I made this part!


Here's the final- a wrist corsage keepsake.  What do you think?

motif #9
It really matches the dress perfectly!  (Tardis blue- haha!)





9 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece to keep as a remembrance of prom!

    Your baby storms knocked our power out for five hours... loved the silence created by no electrical hum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea, Michelle! It looks lovely. Lucky daughter!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blue :) Way to go, Mom - the bracelet will be a fun keepsake from that special time of life called prom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bracelet, something she will be able to wear again and remember the night for a very long time. Love the colour and your bracelet matches the dress perfectly.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!