Monday, April 25, 2011

nuntium sextum (sixth post)

Well, five comments and 4 hankies.  Just seems right to give everyone one.  Julie, Anika and Ladytats send me your address and 1st choice of design to magistravitt AT gmail DOT com or my other email if you have it.  One of you will get the fifth mystery hanky of the same vintage and style.

I've been making Julie Patterson's cross but am finishing up the chain/tassel before I'll show.  So instead here are 1,581 origami cranes that my students, a few others and some 3rd graders made in the past few weeks.  The clothing company OshKosh B'Gosh said they would donate one article of clothing per crane so the kids really went to town!  I'm so proud of them!
1,581 cranes


Latin for today:  otiosus/otiosa sum = I'm on vacation (otiosus for boys/men, otiosa for girls/women)

1 comment:

  1. That's a whole lot of cranes! The kids at our school are origami crazy. I check the books out as quickly as I check them in! Wait 'til I show them this picture!

    ReplyDelete

gratias maximas- it's wonderful to hear what you have to say!